perfect engagement ring for me
When choosing your engagement ring, apart from finding the perfect diamond, your first thought is the kind of a band and design you want. While the metal options are usually white, yellow and rose gold, the platinum engagement ring has recently emerged as an extremely popular choice among young couples around the world.
Why is Platinum a New First Choice in Engagement Rings?
- Platinum is now the new symbol of success and prestige – the world’s new gold.
- Platinum is naturally white but isn’t as shiny as white gold, which makes it the perfect metal to highlight the brilliance and sparkle of your diamond solitaire.
- Given the natural whiteness, there tends to be minimal maintenance to retain that color over the years.
- Platinum is incredibly strong, which makes it a very secure home for your diamond. Since you will wear your ring every day, you want the metal to be strong enough to last a lifetime. And this is one ring material that will rarely need work like re-shanking or reinforcement!
- Of all the metals in the world, platinum (and gold) represents marriage – it is a symbol of the enduring nature of your love, a commitment for life.
Platinum Ring Bearers Are an Exclusive Group
We all want to be unique or a cut above the rest, and anyone wearing a platinum engagement ring is exactly that because you are part of a small and exclusive group. Perhaps you’re wondering why? Because platinum is a very rare metal – 30 times more rare than gold – and you are among the premium few who possess a platinum ring. And doesn’t that make you feel so incredibly special?
As always, the rarer the metal, the more expensive and coveted it is. And considering platinum’s rarity, its purity (typically 95%), and its position as a worldwide status symbol, it comes as no surprise that platinum rings are in huge demand!
Things to Remember While Choosing Your Platinum Engagement Ring
- Platinum rings cost more because of their purity and density (weight). Find out how pure your platinum ring is, because the price will be closely related. Confirm this by checking for the hallmark (stamp) on your ring.
- Consider your own individual style alongside how active your lifestyle is when choosing your ring’s band and setting – something delicate isn’t an ideal choice if you have a very active, high-impact lifestyle!
- If you’re having a platinum ring made, bear in mind that special tools have to be used and this will factor into your making charges.
- Over time, platinum develops a patina of wear. While some consider this a desirable look, you can always revert to the previous shine with a round of polishing.
At the end of the day, it comes down to one thing – everyone wants the best, especially when it comes to a lifelong symbol like an engagement ring. And there’s nothing like platinum to give you that incredible feeling of uniqueness.